Monsalve Forum
Consequently

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Monsalve Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 31-07-2018 10:20:10    Onderwerp: Consequently Reageren met citaat
Sarah Brightman will perform with Liu Huan with the accompaniment of the China Philharmonic at her Friday concert in Beijing. Sarah Brightman will perform with Liu Huan with the accompaniment of the China Philharmonic at her Friday concert in Beijing.
British crossover soprano Sarah Brightman and Chinese singer-songwriter Liu Huan thrilled more than 1 billion people worldwide with their song Authentic Kevin Durant Jersey , You and Me, at the opening ceremony for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Six years later, the two will perform together again during Brightman's concert at Beijing's National Indoor Stadium on Sept 12.

"We have always wanted to do something together again. I think this is the perfect time," says Brightman in Beijing, three days ahead of the concert.

Having just celebrated her 54th birthday, the youthful soprano regards the performance at Beijing Olympic Games as a highlight of both her musical career and life.

Despite touring China early this year with her 11th studio album, Dreamchaser, Brightman says that the upcoming concert is full of excitement since she will not just perform with Liu again but also sing with the accompaniment of the China Philharmonic for the first time.

"You won't see a big production this time. We will simplify the stage design and I will build the connection with audiences just with my singing to the orchestra," she says.

Liu, 51, the veteran singer-songwriter known for his work in popular TV series, will perform two of his best-known songs, The Curving Moon and Heaven and Earth in My Heart.

"I listened to his music and I am aware of his songs. He has such a distinctive voice and a beautiful tone," says Brightman. "He is a person who is very experienced and always has an assuring smile."

Liu once said in an interview that he met Brightman for the first time during rehearsals before the Games' opening ceremony. "We just had four days to rehearse and we became good friends," said Liu in an early interview. The veteran singer-songwriter gave the soprano the soundtrack he wrote for the popular TV series, The Legend of Zhenhuan, when they met again in Beijing in 2013.

Making her theatrical debut at 13, Brightman is known for pioneering the classical crossover genre with a wide vocal range. Her name has become synonymous with some of the best musicals, including The Phantom of the Opera and Cats.

In October 2015, Brightman will travel to space, a first for a professional musician, and will record a song from space. Inspired by the scene of Neil Armstrong taking the first steps on the moon in 1969, which she watched on TV as an 8-year-old, the soprano has been determined to go to space. She says that since January, she has been undergoing training and extensive medical tests to prepare for the trip.

"I am not that surprised to know that she is going to space," says Liu. "When we performed the song over 20 meters above the ground, both of us were nervous. As the stage was going up slowly, she really enjoyed the moment. I believe that she will do even better in space."

"I have the privilege of being an artist and going around the world. What's important to me about this space trip is what I can bring back after that. I hope that I could have a different perspective about performing and about being an artist," Brightman says. One of her plans for afterward is to release an album after collecting songs in different languages, including Chinese.

IF YOU GO

Sarah Brightman concert

7:30 pm, Sept 12. National Indoor Stadium.

Beichen Lu (Road), inside Olympic Green, northwest corner of Datun Lu (Road) and Beichendong Lu (Road) intersection. 4006-228-228.

ABUJA, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- A Nigerian doctor who had treated Ebola died recently in the country's oild hub of Port Harcourt, bringing the death toll to six in the country, Nigeria's health authorities said Thursday.

The doctor, whose name was not disclosed, had died since Aug. 22 in Port Harcourt, capital of oil-rich Rivers State, but the news of his death has just reached the authorities, according to Nigeria's Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu.

Chukwu told reporters that government would do its best to contain the disease, noting this is the first time an Ebola death would be confirmed outside Lagos since Liberian-American Patrick Sawyer introduced the virus to Nigeria last month.

Chukwu told reporters in the Nigerian capital Abuja that the deceased doctor contracted the disease after treating a patient who came in contact with index case Patrick Sawyer.

He said the primary contact of Sawyer had evaded government's surveillance team in July and traveled out of Lagos to Port Harcourt, where he consulted with the deceased doctor.

"The case had been thoroughly investigated and laboratory analysis showed that this doctor died from EVD (Ebola Virus Disease)," said the official.

Consequently, 70 other contacts have now been traced, registered and placed under surveillance, the minister explained, noting because the doctor's wife is now symptomatic, she has been quarantined pending the outcome of laboratory tests on her.

Following the doctor's death, six Ebola fatalities have so far been recorded in Nigeria. The other five casualties, including the index case, had died in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub.

Earlier this month, Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan declared a national emergency, saying a sum of 1.9 billion naira (11.6 million U.S. dollars) would be released to prevent further spread of the epidemic.

Ebola spreads through body fluids and has killed over 1,500 people in Africa.

Ebooks are hot sellers because today's computer savvy generation spends a great deal of time reading Ebooks for learning and enjoyment purposes. Some in the book industry have even begun to predict that Ebooks may make traditional printed books obsolete within the n. Cheap Hats Cheap Shirts Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys From China
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Monsalve Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: